Contact Me! I'd love to hear from you!
Proudly endorsed by OSCAR
Firstly, THANK YOU for all you do for our REALTOR® members. It takes all of us in leadership at all levels to make a meaningful collective impact on the REALTOR®s we all serve.
As a candidate for FR 2020 Secretary I want to share with you the top issues I am advocating for:
1. Affordable Housing – I am not just a believer, I am a contributor!
a. It’s not just about affordable housing but “affordable lifestyles”! I was instrumental in bringing 100 units of Affordable Housing to my own county of Osceola for our homeless families living in hotels and motels.
b. Financial Literacy Programs – as 2018 Chair of the NAR Housing Opportunity Committee, I led REALTORS® across the country in recommending a policy to support Financial Literacy through NAR grants. Imagine the impact that REALTORS® can have in building the next generation of mortgage-ready homebuyers, building wealth through sustainable homeownership!
2. Strengthening relationships and support for local associations – let’s face it, we are at the frontlines of REALTOR® member care, not the state association. We provide member education that elevates professionalism, local advocacy, RPAC fundraising and so much more. Real estate is local. Associations are local!
3. Expanding Global Real Estate – as a CIPS, I see the impact this has on member productivity. Considering the volume of Foreign Direct Investments (FDI) in Florida real estate, continuing to make this a priority can only improve members’ bottom line.
4. iBuyers and real estate technology – as the real estate industry continues to evolve in a smart phone age, I am committed to listening to your concerns and working with you to find solutions to our everyday challenges!
In all the things that matter to you, I AM ONE WITH YOU. I humbly ask for your vote as your next Florida REALTORS® Secretary!
Thank you in advance for your precious vote!
The Secretary is a contributing member of the Leadership Team. My global perspective will add a different dynamic to the decision making process of the LT. I am a very proficient and effective communicator. I build bridges and know the harm that burning bridges can generate. My analytical and social personality, background in residential brokerage management and sales, practice in commercial real estate, and my NAR/FR/County leadership academy training all make for an excellent member of the Leadership Team supporting and helping to execute the President's goals.
ELEVATE the Member's professionalism. As more of our Residential Realtor members step into Commercial real estate due to a growing economy, we have an opportunity to focus on this need for specialized education. Promoting commercial real estate education and/or mentoring/collaboration with an experienced commercial Broker is a first step which will hopefully encourage the member to continue with education provided by NAR and its Commercial Institutes and Councils such as CCIM, SIOR, IREM, and RLI.
EMPOWER local associations in improving efficiencies. Encouraging and even coordinating area and regional association collaboration efforts in RPAC fundraising and member education can be a deliberate effort by FR. Centralization of some services can make a difference to many while still allowing for autonomy. We need to explore how economies of scale will help support our local associations.
ENGAGE local communities. Educating the local GAD’s, AE’s, local Presidents and President-Elects in NAR Community Outreach Grant Programs such as Housing Opportunity, Smart Growth, Diversity and Placemaking will make a world of difference in the levels by which the associations and members engage their communities and local policy makers particularly in addressing Affordable Housing. These activities provide opportunities for meaningful lobbying, creating local influence and powerful advocacy efforts.
— Veronica Malolos
OPPORTUNITIES FOR FLORIDA REALTORS’ FUTURE
* MEMBER INVOLVEMENT – as a local government Appointee, I see the strong influence that volunteer positions have in local policy making in conjunction with the work of elected officials supported by RPAC. FR should consider a program specifically for the development and promotion of Realtors in key appointments locally and in the state. More Realtors on every possible Board or Council aside from Realtor elected officials would create a greater impact.
* NAR GRANTS – As the 2018 Chair of the NAR Housing Opportunity Grants Review Committee and a member of the NAR Smart Growth Advisory Board (comprised of all Community Outreach Committee Chairs and Vice-Chairs) I have personally reviewed and approved grant applications from across the country that have had a tremendous impact on their communities, opening the doorway for more access to local policy makers in advocacy efforts.
* A SHIFT IN REALTOR BRANDING – FR (and NAR) needs to tell the story of the Realtor in the community. The public needs to know that we are not just about the transaction or the commission. We build and protect communities. Touching people with story-telling is the best way to promote the Realtor brand. A specific shift in the focus of branding efforts away from the political or transactional arena to that of service to the community will yield more branding mileage.